North Korea attacked the US because of its South Korea policy. The recent repeal of the missile agreement testifies to a “shameful double standard,” says an official article.
North Korea’s state media have criticized the recent repeal of an agreement between the US and South Korea that has so far capped the development of South Korea’s ballistic missiles.
The United States would have two standards when it came to banning the Pyongyang government from developing ballistic missiles, according to an article published on Sunday by the official North Korean news agency KCNA. The author is Kim Myong Chol, referred to in the report as a “critic of international affairs”.
“Hostile US Policy”
The US, despite its lip service to dialogue, is engrossed in the confrontation, wrote Kim. “The move to end is a clear reminder of the US hostile policies towards the DPRK and its shameful double standards.” The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) is the official name of North Korea.
That South Korean President Moon Jae-in welcomed the termination of the guidelines was “disgusting and indecent,” said Kim. “Now that the US and the South Korean authorities have made their intentions to aggression clear, they no longer have any reason to blame the DPRK for strengthening their self-defense capabilities.”
Meeting between Biden and Moon
US President Joe Biden and South Korean President Moon Jae-in held a bilateral meeting in Washington in mid-May about rapprochement with North Korea. The complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula is their goal, both heads of state declared after the meeting.
They want to continue a dialogue with North Korea about its nuclear weapons program. North Korea has so far rejected US requests for diplomacy since Biden took over from Donald Trump. Ruler Kim Jong Un continues to refuse to give up his nuclear weapons, but imposed a test ban.